One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them… Based on New Line Cinema’s upcoming film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic fantasy novel; The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King video game will once again put the fate of Middle-earth in the hands of the gamer. In the final installment of the blockbuster movie trilogy; players must destroy the One Ring by casting it into the Crack of Doom; freeing Middle-earth from the clutches of the Dark Lord Sauron.
EA’s second ‘The Lord of the Rings’ action adventure game; The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King; will allow players to journey through multiple gameplay paths; taking control of the motion picture trilogy’s heroes. Defend the walls of Minas Tirith as Gandalf; raise the Army of the Dead as Aragorn; Legolas; or Gimli; and with Frodo and Sam; deliver the ring to the fiery depths of Mount Doom.
Based on the environments from the upcoming movie; The Return of the King’s third person gameplay will include immersive action and adventure elements set in rich; interactive levels. An all-new multiplayer co-op mode will let players form their own Fellowship before embarking on their journey through Middle-earth.
- Eight playable and secret characters including Gandalf; Aragorn; Legolas; Gimli; Sam; and Frodo with exclusive voice-over provided by the actual actors from the films.
- An all-new co-op multiplayer mode will allow players to team up with a companion.
- Over twelve interactive environments authentically reproduced from the films. Explore the Paths of the Dead; defend Minas Tirith; and battle Sauron’s forces at the Pelennor Fields before final confrontations at the Black Gate and the Crack of Doom.
- Third person action/adventure gameplay incorporates multiple character paths for each member of the Fellowship.
- More than just a backdrop to the action; the game environments are interactive; letting players incorporate the various environments into their strategies for both melee and ranged combat. Characters will have the ability to jump and swing from ropes; fire catapults; kick boulders; etc.
- Enhanced control with the right analog stick allows players to perform multi-directional attacks and combos with ease as they battle their way through the forces of evil.
- Battle vicious boss monsters including Shelob; the Witch King; and the final showdown with the Dark Lord Sauron.
- Seamless movie-to-game transitions and never-before-seen exclusive movie footage from the upcoming The Return of the King movie.
- Immersive musical score composed by Academy Award-winner Howard Shore.