New character classes; weapons; enemies; items; and quests are only a portion of the new content awaiting discovery. With the new split-screen feature; four friends can adventure through the main quest; as well as the other game-play modes on the same Xbox.
Episode I includes all of the content from the original PSO and Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 (PSO Ver. 2) while Episode II brings a new full-length adventure. The evolution of the original revolutionary gaming experience continues.
- Get Ready for a New Kind of Roleplaying: Experience the first online roleplaying game available on Xbox.
- Chat with Fellow Gamers: The Xbox Communicator headset is fully compatible with PSO enabling gamers across North America Europe and Japan to talk to each other with ease.
- Obtain Your PSO Hunter’s License: A Hunter’s License is required to play with or against other PSO gamers online. The Hunter’s License is free of charge for the first two months and after that will carry a service fee of £5.99 per 30 days. If you do not want a license feel free to enjoy the offline game-play modes.
- Cooperate or Compete with Others: Play with up to three players cooperatively or competitively with all-new split-screen capabilities.
- Test Your Skills: Assess your endurance abilities with the Challenge mode or prove yourself as the supreme champion of player-versus-player combat in Battle mode.
- Download New Content: Discover new downloadable quests via Xbox Live.
- Embark on a Single-Player Quest: Choose the Offline mode to experience the same exciting PSO world in a single-player game.
- Experience PSO—Old and New: Enjoy all the game play from PSO and PSO Ver. 2 as well as a brand new adventure.
- Find New Monsters & Treasures: Challenge new more powerful monsters in intense real-time combat. Embark on new quests explore new dungeons and acquire new rare items.